The Information We Collect
You may browse our site annonymously, without registering for an account, and we will not attempt to collect any personal information about you. We may collect non-personally identifiable statistic data about page visits and time on our site for web analytics purposes.
If you choose to register on our site, you voluntarily agree to give us basic personal information including your name and contact information. Registering on our site is required in order to list a vehicle for sale, post messages regarding existing listings, enter into agreements to buy or sell vehicles, or to seek quotes for financing or insurance.
In the event you actually buy or sell a vehicle, we may require additional information necessary to complete the transaction. Failure to provide this information may nullify any opportunities to transact business on this site.
How We Use the Information
Personally identifiable information collected from users on our site is used for purposes directly related the marketing, sale, purchase, financing, ownership, or insuring of commercial vehicles that are displayed on this web site. With the user's consent, we share personal information as described below:
- Purchase and Sale Agreements: In the event that you engage to buy or sell a vehicle on this site, we use your personal information to populate our "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" that will be shared with the counter party (either the buyer or the seller).
- Escrow Agreements: By clicking on a link or a button on this site that indicates a desire to seek the services of an escrow agent to assist in the closing of a transaction, a user agrees that all information submitted may be shared with a third party selected by Truck Exchange for the purposes of providing such escrow services. Such third parties shall then assume responsibility for the safekeeping and use of such information.
- Credit Applications: By clicking on a link or a button on this site that indicates a desire to seek a quote for financing, a user agrees that all information submitted may be shared with a third party selected by Truck Exchange for the purposes of evaluating and providing equipment financing. Such third parties shall then assume responsibility for the safekeeping and use of such information.
- Insurance Applications: By clicking on a link or a button on this site that indicates a desire to seek a quote for insurance, a user agrees that all information submitted may be shared with a third party selected by Truck Exchange for the purposes of evaluating and providing equipment financing. Such third parties shall then assume responsibility for the safekeeping and use of such information.
- In-House Promotions: We may on occasion combine information we receive through our web site with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Protection of Our Services and Others: We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Truck Exchange, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Collection of Information by Third-Parties
Our Security Practices
We have implemented what we believe to be reasonable technological and managerial procedures to safeguard data security, including your personally identifiable information. HOWEVER, WHILE SUCH EFFORTS ARE INTENDED TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO US AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR WEB SITE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
We work to protect the security of your personally identifiable information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. To assist in keeping your personally identifiable information safe, you must use an SSL-enabled browser.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile device(s). Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Web browser.
How To Access and Maintain Your Profile
You may access and update your personally identifiable information at any time by logging into our site and navigating to your secure user account menu. This information may be updated at any time and it will not be shared except for the purposes outlined above.
How to Contact Us
Updates and Effective Date
Last Updated September 2017